Learn more about Homecare Medicals bew range, NuVu Life, and the nutritional benefits of these shakes and desserts
Sunday 1st November 2020
In a world where healthcare providers are preoccupied with obesity, there is little focus on those people who are losing or struggling to maintain a healthy weight.
Anyone that works in the care sector will know that malnutrition affecting the senior population is an ever-growing concern. However, the problem is bigger than that and it is not just confined to a certain demographic or sector. It can have an impact on the lives of anyone.
Nuvu Life's story is simple; their shared experiences have taught them that there are not enough products for people to turn to if they or a loved one needs to gain or maintain weight. Their aim is to create functional, nutrient-rich products specifically for people who battle to keep weight on.
- It may be that you or someone you know are worried about an elderly relative who seems to eat well but is still losing weight.
- It could be that you or someone you know is suffering or recovering from an illness and requires extra sustenance.
- It might be that you or someone you know suffers from dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) and getting the nourishment required is proving difficult.
A New View on Nutrition…
- NuVu Life provides you with a new view on nutrition.
- As you age many things change including your nutritional requirements.
- A new view is needed to ensure that these requirements are met.
- Their formulations combine industry-led expertise with a passion for high-quality ingredients.
Nutritional information and benefits of NuVu
High in Protein
- Made from sources of high quality, natural protein.
- Dependent on flavour, there is up to 22g of protein per 50g sachet.
- When mixed with 200ml of whole milk (as recommended) one of our nutrition shakes will provide between 23.8- 28.8g of protein.
- Protein is essential for maintaining muscle mass and aiding weight gain.
- When mixed with 200ml of whole milk (as recommended) one shake will provide approx. 364 kcal.
- Calories are essential for weight gain and drinking nutrition shakes between meals is an excellent way to boost intake.
- There is less than 5g of sugar in each 50g sachet, making it suitable for many people who suffer from Diabetes.
- Please note, this is dependent on the individual’s Diabetic status and you should seek advice from a health professional if you are unsure.
High in Vitamins
- One 50g sachet will provide you with 100% recommended intake of vitamins A, D3, K1, E, C, B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12.
High in Minerals
- One 50g sachet will provide you with 100% recommended intake of minerals: selenium, magnesium, zinc and iron.
- Their nutrition shakes taste great When mixed with cold milk they are refreshingly thick and creamy. Alternatively, many customers heat up their chocolate shakes to make a lovely hot chocolate.